Jun 10, 2021
In this interview, Nikki chats with horror actress, plus size
model, and activist Lilith Fury about her experience with lipedema
and fat bias and weight stigma when seeking medical help.
- How fat bias and weight stigma delayed her diagnosis and
resulted in poor and even life threatening medical care
- What lipedema is and how this somewhat common condition is so
poorly understood by the general public and medical community due
to fat bias
- What it is like to live with lipedema and the mistreatment that
larger bodied and fat people face on the internet, in medicine, and
in day to day life
- Why Lilith seeks out companies that lack representation of fat
people to partner with
- Lilith's work to normalize mobility aids, such as canes, and
her work to increase representation in fashion and film
To connect with Lilith and learn more about her
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to
leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends
or on social media.