Jul 1, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with strength coach Jason Leenaarts about how to make better and safer choices for ourselves when looking for approaches to health and fitness.
- Fads such as coffee enemas and why even though google scholar can tell us it's a bad idea, many of us will still try these things
Jun 27, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chat's with registered dietician Dr. Susan Kleiner about the nutritional science and research behind grains, gluten, and wheat and how it applies to our health.
- Myths and facts about "wheat belly" and why so many people find that it contributes to gut distress, brain fog,...
Jun 21, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with certified personal trainer and host of the Cut the S#iT Get Fit Podcast Rafal Matuszewski about how to take a results focused approach to fitness and nutrition that goes beyond the fads.
- Marketing versus application and why buzz words like muscle confusion often don't...
Jun 14, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with Aesha Ash, retired professional ballet dancer about representation in ballet, the power of images, and her work through the Swan Dreams Project to challenge and change the stereotype of how African American women are perceived by society.
They also discuss:
- Her shift in perception of...
Jun 7, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with Seattle based Pilates teacher Ellen Nixon about their fitness memories from growing up in the 90's and how it's shaped their perspective of movement now.
- The Presidential Fitness Test and the structure of gym class and why they found it problematic for inspiring kids to...