Jan 14, 2020
In this episode, Nikki chats with nutrition and strength coach Steph Gaudreau about dismantling diet culture and how we as women can take a more empowered approach to fitness and wellness.
Jan 2, 2020
In this episode, Nikki and Leigh discuss body dysmorphia in the fitness industry and how to distinguish self image from societal conditioning.
- How personal identity should be a primary factor in determining your fitness goals
- Body acceptance versus denial, how we end up setting goals that don't really...
Jul 1, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with strength coach Jason Leenaarts about how to make better and safer choices for ourselves when looking for approaches to health and fitness.
- Fads such as coffee enemas and why even though google scholar can tell us it's a bad idea, many of us will still try these things
Jun 27, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chat's with registered dietician Dr. Susan Kleiner about the nutritional science and research behind grains, gluten, and wheat and how it applies to our health.
- Myths and facts about "wheat belly" and why so many people find that it contributes to gut distress, brain fog,...
Jun 21, 2019
In this episode, Nikki chats with certified personal trainer and host of the Cut the S#iT Get Fit Podcast Rafal Matuszewski about how to take a results focused approach to fitness and nutrition that goes beyond the fads.
- Marketing versus application and why buzz words like muscle confusion often don't...